Municipal Case Study
Established, clean technology that benefits the community
EcoEnergy Ventures most established partner has over 40 working Thermal Waste to Energy plants in North America, as well as others in Asia and Europe.
Of their North American facilities, one provides a TWtE solutions to the County in which it operates; diverting waste from over 8 million households from landfill.
Established over 30 years ago, the facility serves as a cornerstone for the County’s integrated waste management system, providing county residents with a renewable source of clean energy.
Benefits to the community
- The facility processes 3,000 tons of municipal solid waste per day and 1,200 tons-per-day of biomass fuel
- The facility generates 77 megawatts (MW) of renewable electricity from two 38.5 MW turbine generators
- The facility has been designated a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- The facility’s Environmental Management System was also awarded ISO-14001 certification
- Approximately 26,000 tons of ferrous (steel) metal and 2,000 tons of non-ferrous (tin, copper) metal are recovered and recycled by the facility each year